Our AccomplishmentsWe Promise to be BOLD in Creating Change
A small sampling of our accomplishments to date in the hepatitis C community include:
- Caring Ambassadors Program Hepatitis C Medical Medical Team, a unique group of renowned medical experts from multiple healing disciplines, is entering its 14th year of work with the program, challenging the status quo and keeping the Caring Ambassadors approach on the cutting edge of innovation.
- Publication of Hepatitis C Choices, 4th Edition, a one-of-a-kind book authored by a team of over 20 experts. More than 10,000 hard copies of the book have been distributed by Caring Ambassadors, and more than 100,000 electronic copies of have been down loaded from the Hepatitis C Internet site.
- Hepatitis C Exploring Choices in Care, an interactive workshop for patients living with chronic hepatitis C.
- Hepatitis C Choices in Care DVD Series
- Establishment of the National Hepatitis C Advocacy Council, a broad coalition of 20 hepatitis C advocacy organizations.
- National Leader on Viral Hepatitis legislation for more then a decade
- Hepatitis Leaderships Corps – developing new leaders in the hepatitis community
- Establishment of Liver Cancer Roundtable
A small sampling of our accomplishments to date in the lung cancer community include:
- Lung Cancer Choices, 2nd Edition is a comprehensive resource for those diagnosed with lung cancer, written by experts in the field.
- Lung Cancer Choices, Android App launched April, 2014.
- Co-Chair, Lung CAN. The Lung Cancer Action Network (LungCAN®) is a collaborative group of lung cancer advocacy organizations that have come together to raise public awareness about the realities of lung cancer. Our intention is to increase funding for detecting, treating and curing the disease.
- American Society of Clinicial Oncology (ASCO) member.
- EmergingMed Lung Cancer Clinical Trials Call to Action partner since December 2000, EmergingMed has guided more than 170,000 patients through a search for cancer clinical trials.
- Washington State Senate – Senator Andy Hill introduced and passed Washington State Senate Resolution 8678 on February 10, 2014 at the request of the Caring Ambassadors Program stating the Senates commitment to making lung cancer a public health priority by supporting advocacy work on behalf of lung cancer patients, those at risk, and the general public.
- Oregon State Capitol – Oregon Lung Cancer Awareness Day
- November, Lung Cancer Awareness Month – partnered with Lung Cancer Alliance and survivors Jessica Steinberg and Barbara Ferguson to raise awareness about lung cancer in the State of Oregon.
- CURE Magazine wrote an article featuring Caring Ambassadors Lung Cancer Program, Caring Ambassadors: Empowering Patients to Control Their Illnesses